This time we want to start our helpful blog with the stats from the official Statista website:
- more than 500 hours of video were uploaded to YouTube every minute
- YouTube has grown from a repository of amateur videos into the most extensive online video platform worldwide
- In the United States, YouTube saw a reach of around 74 percent in 2020
- More than 1.58 million subscribers joined Vimeo's SaaS video tools in 2021
The data above shows that people are still interested in videos in 2022. Add responsive YouTube and Vimeo videos to any website to attract users' attention increase website traffic and positions in search engines.
But! You need to set everything right to benefit from embedding responsive Vimeo and Youtube videos fully. Make sure that all visitors can conveniently view the embedded video on your site regardless of the type of device and extensions.
Below, a team of our web experts will try to explain as much as possible how this is done. Stay with us; that'll be interesting.
Responsive Youtube and Vimeo Videos Embed on your website
To begin with, let's figure out why you need a video on your site at all. Now with the development of technology, many people prefer to watch and listen rather than read. In addition, there is a group of people with disabilities for whom video or audio is the only comfortable way to receive information. Adding videos to your site with YouTube or Vimeo will definitely play into your hands. Because video is just another marketing tool to drive traffic, leads, and revenue for your business, no matter what you do.
- 87% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic in 2022, and this number is only growing every year.
- 81% of marketers say video has helped them directly increase sales.
- 93% of businesses say video has helped them increase brand awareness.
The facts spoke for themselves. Adaptive video embedding is taking place in today's world.
Why should you embed responsive Youtube or Vimeo videos on your website?
There are two options for posting videos on the site.
Option #1You give a link to the video and everyone who wants to watch it is redirected to another site where this video is posted.
Option #2You embed a video on the website and everyone who wants to watch it presses play and enjoys watching it on your site.
Top Reasons Your Business Should Have Video On Your Website
- keep users on your page
- improve SEO position in Google
- increase the chances of getting into the video results tab
- improve your website traffic
- reach a wider audience and prospective customers
- boost average time spent on your website
- keep your audience interested
How To Embed YouTube and Vimeo videos on a website?
The opportunity to add YouTube and Vimeo video players to the site makes life much easier. However, there is one caveat: they don't provide responsive videos by default. Therefore, we offer you our tutorial on embedding YouTube and Vimeo responsive video using CSS. If you still have questions or can't do it yourself, then visit our Drupal services page and find answers to your questions.
5 simple steps to make Youtube videos responsive
- Open YouTube. Find the video you want. Click the Share button. Next, a new window will appear. Сlick the Embed button.
- Right-click and copy the HTML snippet.